Friday, August 1, 2008

Isaac

Well, good morning all.
I asked Eric last night to show me how to insert pictures so I'm going to be practicing on that for the next couple of days. One of the greatsest things about blogging is to be able to share sweet pictures with a vast array of people. Since I am probably the worst snail-mail user (I still have yet to go to the post office since I've been here...yep, almost 2 1/2 years! I love usps.com. I even order my stamps online.) I never mail pictures...or anything else for that matter, until it's time to send boxes with presents in them. So consequently, having photos (like the kind you can hold) of my kids is sort of limited to portrait time for all the grandparents. Sorry about that. But here we have the opportunity to share them quickly and so I hope you will enjoy.I thought the best way to start my practice is with a little tribute to my kids so that you can see who they are and how cute they look!We'll start today with Isaac. He's 7 1/2. He has great red hair that he has inherited from Eric's mother, Joyce. He is very tall, past my shoulders, almost to my chin and he weighs a whopping 80 lbs. He's a solid kid that's for sure. He is just about to start 2nd grade, which he is not excited about because he thinks it's boring. Isaac played his first season of baseball this past spring and had a great time and improved so much over that time. He is excited to play his first season of basketball in the fall. We think he'll do great. Isaac is bright and enjoys learning. He has a much different personality than I do and I really treasure seeing how the Lord speaks to me through him. Isaac is a person of strong will, which is challenging at times (or most of the time) but also gives me great hope for his future. He does not change his mind easily once set; I think he won't be easily swayed my other's opinions as he gets older. Isaac is a good big brother and enjoys (most of the time) helping me out with the little ones and is a good example to them. Isaac is about the most cautious person I've ever known. He is not a risk taker, which most of the time is a good thing. Sometimes, it can be agrivating that he is so unwilling to try new things out. To me, it feels like a lack of trust...but that all goes back to how God uses Isaac to speak to me. How many times am I unwilling to do what I feel Him nudging me to do because it makes me uncomfortable? My faith is not what I'd like it to be in that respect.
So, here's a picture of Isaac, with his first harvest of cucumbers last week. We're turning them into pickles (one of his favorite food groups) He has wanted to be a farmer since he was 3 and has his very own little garden in the back yard. He'll be picking watermelons soon! Love you, Son!

3 comments:

Eric Livingston said...

He sure is a great kid...now if only we could afford to buy that boy a comb...

TexasNeals said...

he has gotten so big!!! i can't believe how tall he is!
your cucumbers look great! i've had trouble w/ mildew so mine have taken all kind of crazy shapes?!
i'm looking forward to getting to know your kids personalities. blogging is so fun.

Joyce said...

Isaac shows his dedication by his interest in farming/gardening at such a young age. An interest he has kept since age 3! That's impressive in itself, and he's succeeding as we can see by his harvest. Who can be concerned about hair when you're busy working in the fields? :) Congratulations, Isaac!