Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ethan


Today I'll tell you about Ethan. I always tell people that Ethan was my suprise. By surprise I mean that I didn't expect him. See, when I was pregnant with Isaac, before we found out who it was in there, the names we picked out were Isaac for a boy and Jaylie for a girl. So when Isaac was born, I still expected Jaylie at some point. I believed that I was meant to have a daughter and so that Jaylie would come to our family later on. I lost our second pregnancy due to a rare thing called a Complete Molar pregnancy and was told that there was no fetal matter present. I remember telling my mother that it wasn't like I had lost Jaylie or anything. I just always knew she would be here. So when I concieved again and it was a boy, I was thrown for a loop. I was so happy that Isaac would have a brother, but began to wonder a little about what I thought I 'knew'. So we picked out Ethan's name and began to anticipate him. The first thing I remember immediately after his birth (all 3 were C-sections) was hearing the nurses who were cleaning him up go,"Ahhh, look at his dimples!" That is still one of the first things I notice about him. He has the most willing smile which is beautiful, but the dimples just make you smile back. He has learned to use these dimples to his advantage when he's in trouble...as if something like that could actually work!(ahem)Ethan is 4 now and will be going to Meadowbrook for PreK in about a month. He's looking forward to it and I think he'll have a great time. He is much more of a social creature than Isaac. Ethan has a sweet spirit about him. He gives compliments and encourages other people. He has a real lean build; different from his brother. If you look at baby pictures of Eric and compare them to Ethan's they are very similar, except for the hair color. Probably one of Ethan's favorite activities is bothering his sister. He picks and picks at her; but she is starting to pick back. He loves to play UNO, Sequence and gamecube games. He also started swimming without floats this summer and does really well. They have summer swim teams here that he may be interested in next year. Ethan is a joy and a gift. Even though I hadn't expected him, I can not imagine my life without the sunshine he brings into it.

4 comments:

TexasNeals said...

oh, yes! i suspect those dimples will always give him an advantage!! he's too, too cute, dixie! :)

Dawn said...

I still can't get over how old he looks, even though I was just with him. I guess I have him trapped as a baby in my head. And those dimples get me every time!

Joyce said...

Yeah, those dimples melt your heart! Ethan has the most beautiful smile and reminds me so much of Eric when he was little -- except Ethan has Dixie's dimples. What a charmer he is.

Linda said...

how wonderful to see him...he and Scotty would have made terrific playmates at our playgroup! I found a picture on a disk recently of the cake I made you for his baby shower!

He's beautiful!