Friday, August 22, 2008

A Blue Day

It's been a few days since I posted...sorry about that. Yesterday was a blue day for me. Do you ever get those? Nothing at all is wrong, I just felt slow and quiet and worn out. Ethan has an ear infection that I had taken him to the dr. for the day before. Yesterday Jaylie started a runny nose and fever. Isaac just got over a cold Wed. and Eric is now sick. I think I get to feeling overwhelmed at times and a blue day is my way of re-focusing somehow. Today I feel normal, which is a great blessing.
Despite feeling 'blue' I found a few very special moments that made me smile yesterday. Luckily, I got one on video and another in a picture. I don't know if they'll make you happy but it was sweet to me. Let me set the video up for you. The boys were playing marvelously (wonder of wonders) and I was making supper in the kitchen. I had Casting Crowns on (my favorite) and I heard Jaylie humming in the living room, so I decided to sneak in there with the camera and see what she was doing. It was really sweet to me...especially with the music in the background.
(pay no attention to the clutter on the foor)




This next picture is of Eric and Isaac on Eric's new scooter. Yes, he has decided that for the good of our planet (you know, carbon dioxide emissions and all that) he needed to get a scooter and start getting 75mpg! It arrived last Tuesday so he has been in the process of getting insurance/title/helmet/licence and all the things he needs to be able to legally drive it to work.
He's been driving it around in the neighborhood for the past few days. With all the speed bumps, it's not all that great but he is still having lots of fun. He is so cool!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those blue days are the pits, aren't they? Thankfully they don't come along too often. Sweet, sweet Jaylie! I smiled till she went sideways and fell going 'Oh, ohh, ohh!' Then I laughed out loud. She is such a girlie girl in her little dress and curls spinning and dancing. Such moments to treasure bless our lives. Thanks for sharing them. Your guys all look pretty entranced by the new scooter. Fun!

Eric Livingston said...

Just for the record - Don't worry mom, I didn't drive anywhere while Isaac was on board.

Carol Beasley said...

So, did Eric get the orange scooter?

Claire & Eden said...

Tell Eric to be CAREFUL!! Those things scare me... I'll say an extra prayer of protection over him! Oh and I love it when I catch Claire singing without me in the room. It is one of the sweetest thing!

Mary Meyers said...

LOVE the blog, Dixie! So sweet how much you love being a wife and mom. I can relate!