Friday, September 5, 2008

Staycation

My parents drove away with my children about 30 minutes ago. They are taking the kids to Galveston for 1 whole week! Eric and I are going to hang out here hopefully eating out every night and seeing late movies and catching a glimpse back on what our lives were like lo, these many years ago. We are looking forward to this week. I will admit, however, that I will be missing my kids in a couple of days. This is going to be the longest they have been away from me ever. I don't know that they'll miss ME at all, what with all the spoiling which is the norm for my parents, but I will be so happy to have them home next Friday.

In other news, Eric is starting back to school again this semester. For those of you who may not know, he's getting his Masters in Theology at Lipscomb in Nashville. This semester he's taking 9 hours which we're a little wary of since that's a full graduate load and he's got lots of non-school related responsibilities as well. But the timing was right for them and he though he'd be able to keep up on everything and knock out a big chunk of hours all at once. Here's hoping it goes smoothly.

In other, other news...I had a very long conversation on the phone yesterday with a sweet friend I have that I met in GA. She was a brand new Christian when we met at Steven's Creek and we hit it off with her and her hubby. Now, several years later, she is such a testimony to God's never-ending love and His unfailing promises. Sometimes (to my everlasting shame) as an 'old Christian' the newness and miraculous saving power of the gospel is lost to me. I am so thankful to God that he provided my friend to me at the right time to remind me how He is never done working; that He is never satisfied to leave us where we are; that He has good plans for us and will bring them into fruition, we just have to hang in there.

Y'all have a great weekend. I have a date with my boyfriend tonight!


PS: I just did the spell check and it said,"No misspellings found." This is a first for me!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hope you enjoy your staycation. No one in our families ever volunteers to take the kids off our hands, EVER! (although, my MIL said she would watch them when we head to SC for house hunting).

I know the pain of schooling on a family. My hubby's on year 2 of his doctoral studies in Music Ed. He can not shoulder more than 4 credit hours per 1/2 semester...he's working 40 or more hours a week, and has some tough classes....ugh. Can't tell you how excited I'll be to see the coursework done...of course, then there's studying for the Comprehensive Exams...the "resident time" (which, thankfully, is only 2 weeks) and the dissertation process. I hope THAT doesn't take more than 2 years.

Enjoy yourself!

Dixie said...

I know we are super lucky to have grandparents take the kids happily for this long of a time. It is a blessing that they are here.

When Scott is done with all his school, you're not going to know what to do with all the free time that ensues. An actual vacation will certainly be in order!

Anonymous said...

I hope your folks and the little ones have a grand time in Texas. I'm sure they will. Y'all just enjoy your freedom and being a couple again for a week. What fun to run anywhere you want at any time and not worry about schedules for naps and sleeping, no cooking, no caretaking -- just relaxing. Have fun!! Love you both, Mother

Mary Meyers said...

Woo hoo! Let the games begin!

Mary Meyers

Shanda Boatright said...

I am SO jealous! Do they need a couple more, I am only a few hours from Galveston :o)

I hope you and Eric have a great time this week!!