Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Picking Up

Now that we've been back in school for several weeks now, I can definitely tell that my life is taking on a different shape than it had during the summer. This is all very expected but I am trying my best to keep track of it all so it doesn't spin out of control and leave me frazzled. This is how my weeks look, in case you're interested Also in case you plan on calling at some point, you might have some idea if I'll be available to visit or not.
Mondays: Eric's off, Ike to school at 7:30, I spin at 9:30, pick Isaac up at 2ish...this is a nice down day
Tuesdays: Get Ike to school, take Ethan to school at 8:45, stay for ladies' bible study till 10:30, clean out/inventory hospital house closet til 11:45, pick Ethan up, go home, lunch, nap, pick Ike up
Wednesdays: Ike to school, Eric takes Ethan, tutor another 2nd grader from 8:30-9:00, spin at 9:30, playdate for J at 10:30, lunch, nap get Ike
Thursdays: Ike to school, NOTHING else planned, Ethan stays home
Fridays: Ike to school, Eric takes Ethan, spin at 9:30
I must say that I think I mostly needed to write it all out to see that it will indeed work. I know that I'm not nearly as busy as lots of moms I know. But I know this will be plenty for me. I like keeping one day free of scheduling so that we can relax or run errands or whatever. I also need to send a very public shout out to my WONDERFUL Mother who comes to my house every day (except Mondays) at 2 so that I can pick up Isaac without waking up my little ones. She also keeps Jaylie on Wed. and Fri. while I spin. I wouldn't be able to do these 'me' things as easily without her.

Our small group is doing a study on prayer. This last week was so great to get to visit and find out where everyone is in their prayer life. I'd like to pose the question to all of you reading. Given schedules like mine, and many more who are busier, how do you find the time to pray effectively and regularly? I feel like lots of days, most days, I have a running conversation with the Lord that starts, literally, when I wake up. I visit with Him during the day, in my quiet moments. Generally, shamefully, I don't set aside a certain time to be alone with my Father on a daily basis. Why don't I do that? How do those of you do that out there who keep regular appointments with the Lord? I really would like to know, if you care to share.

Everyone, have a super week. I'll post more later.
Blessings
D

3 comments:

jduckbaker said...

Whew! That is quite a schedule. After looking at that, I think I will wait until Thursday to give you a call! :)

Thanks for the email. It's good to catch up.

Anonymous said...

My prayer time is when I run, which I do four times a week, most weeks. The shortest time I'm out is 30 minutes, so that becomes dedicated prayer time--no MP3 player, no distractions. I find myself really looking forward to it. That being said, that does leave three days a week where my prayers are the ones you described, catch as catch can and when I'm needy! I find that, when I'm at home, I find other stuff to do, but, when I run, I can concentrate on Him.

Talk to you soon,
Heatharlyne

Anonymous said...

"Schedules" do keep us from our intended prayer time. I try to find time when running outside in the morning. The connection with Creation is the encouragemt I need to focus.

I am so glad to see your note of thanks for your mom's help! Being without the help of a mom has opended up my eyes to moments I took for granted and wish I could go back and say thank you.

Stacey