Thursday, September 11, 2008

A few pictures

My kids arrived at around 4:15 and the little ones were wiped out. Even though they got home in plenty of time for a regular bedtime and everything, I am still going to keep the boys home from school tomorrow to let them catch up on everything routine-wise. The pictures will show you what a wonderful time that was had by all:

This is on the ferry ride to the island



I think they must have been looking into the sun

They went to Schlitterbahn Galveston and mother insisted that the little ones rest in the shade after lunch. Ethan actually did go to sleep.

This is Isaac prowling around with his face mask on. He's always busy when he's near the water
And this is a video of something that never happened while we were at Gulf Shores in July. Jaylie was too afraid of the waves there. It was much choppier than this and I'm glad she got over that fear for the Galveston trip.



So that's that. Stacycation for us is over, vacation for them is over now it's back to life as usual. Do y'all remember that song from 1989 ( I know it was that year because it came out the summer we moved to NE from ND) by Soul II Soul? That's my theme song for the weekend. (Yep...that's the kind of music I listened to in middle school...I know it's not pretty, but I was 13)

Have a great weekend
D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys enjoyed your staycation. I love the stats you put up the other day! And I'm glad that everyone made it safely out of Texas. Have a good one!

Mary Meyers said...

I bet that little girl slept deeply that night after all the "wave jumping." What sweet memories you all will have about this week.

Mary

Shanda Boatright said...

The kids looked like they had a blast! I am glad they are home safe and sound.

jduckbaker said...

What fun what fun!
And putting them down to rest in the afternoon. I don't know if my girls would be willing to do that! I may have the ttry it next time we are on the beach (although the excuse of a nap is a nice moment to rest out of the sun for us too!)