Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Things I'm Ready For

1: All my kids to be completely independent in the bathroom
2: No one to need their food cut up at meal time
3: All my kids to be able to buckle their own seatbelt
4: No more pullups
5: Easy bed time routines (no crying, begging, fit throwing, etc)

I do realize that getting these things means that my kids are growing up. The question is, I guess, am I so ready to have them independent in the above mentioned things that I'm ready to have them independent in other things? Things like: not asking me to play games, watch them on their bikes, take walks...you know all the stuff they beg me to do all the time. I guess it boils down to this: am I ready for them to not want me to be their best friend? The answer is no. So I'll keep cutting up food and tying laces and buckling seatbelts and soothing at bedtime...and I'll try to keep a smile on my face. I know this time of life will be over too soon.

Grace to you
D

3 comments:

Shanda Boatright said...

Hmm...Friends or completion of 1-5? I think I still vote for 1-5! (j/k)

It's hard that's for sure and I never imagined how hard it would be, but in the end I am sure it is worth it.

I remember 'rushing' the infantcy stage and some days I wish I had those days back.

Heatharlyne said...

Ain't that the truth! I remember hearing one time time or reading it somewhere that you never will know the last time your child will sit on your lap; one day, you'll invite, and they'll roll their eyes and say, "Moooom!" It really stuck with me, and I try to never wish time away, no matter how tired of get of those things on your list!

Have a good one!

Love,
Heatharlyne

TexasNeals said...

savor it girl...even the poopy bottoms! you are right, it will be over all too soon and there's no going back. if you can't savor it at the actual moment...savor it every night when you tuck them in....on second thought, when you go back in to check on them AFTER they've gotten worn out from crying and screaming and are finally sleeping like little angels! ;)