Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We all need saving

My sweet brother, Jason, has sent me a bunch of CDs in the mail recently. He figured that I may be forced to listen to Veggie Tales and other kids music for most of my time and might just appreciate hearing some grown up music. One of the CDs he sent is by Jon McLaughlin and has this great song on it called We All Need Saving. I listed to the whole CD when I got it but then didn't get to listen to it much after tha. But I got a little iPod shuffle right after Christmas (thanks Dad) and so I downloaded a bunch of stuff from our iTunes librbary onto it. Now this is my favorite song right now. It has great lyrics. I found it on youtube so I can post it for your listening pleasure. There isn't a video, it's just a picture of Jon McLaughlin.



~~~~~~~
In other news, we are really enjoying Isaac's basketball games on Friday nights. He has had 3 and has improved so much already. He's the tallest one on his team and Eric has been working with him on his rebounding. Last Friday he probably got 8-9 rebounds and even scored 6 points! It's all very exciting.


We are finally back into our work/school groove. It's about time, now that January is about over! It feels good.

Ethan is in the process of giving up his nap. He never complained about laying down in the afternoon and would take a good 2 hour nap on most days. But he started not going to sleep at night until after he had been in his bed for 45 minutes or so which is not good. So we're in that adjustment period when he starts acting crabby because he hasn't slept but it's not quite time for bed yet...hopefully it will be over soon:) He will still have a quiet time in his room for at least an hour while Jaylie sleeps because I need that for my sanity!

I think I'll post one more thing for those of you not on facebook. I was tagged and had to fill out a 25 random facts about me thing. Here it is, in case you wanted to know:)

1. I've never had braces and still have my wisdom teeth but they'll be coming out soon
2. Eric and I were high school sweethearts and married right after he graduated high school in 95 at the ages of 19 (me) and 18(him). 14 years this August!
3. My parents moved from TX to MS to be near us and the kids and live in our neighborhood and I LOVE that.
4. I hate touching raw meat.
5. I dislike running. I think I plod like a Clydesdale.
6. My bellybutton is off-center...will a tummy tuck fix that?
7. I lived in Germany for 3 years as a kid and traveled all over Europe.
8. I have a picture of me standing at the Berlin Wall. apparently I'm THAT old already.
9. I went to 3 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 2 high schools due to Air Force moving.
10. As a married couple, Eric and I have had 13 addresses. We have had this one in MS the longest; it will be 3 years next month!
11. I have 3 children each with different hair colors/textures. Isaac has thick red hair. Ethan has super straight, fine brown hair. And Jaylie has real curly blonde hair.
12. I get cold when it's about 72 degrees.
13. I live in MS and can't stand grits.
14. I have lived a lot of my life in TX and can't stand guacamole.
15. My older brother lives in south Florida on the beach and works for the opera. He's my supplier of fantastic music.
16. Even though I got a little iPod shuffle for a New Year's present (thanks Dad) I can't listen to it for more than a few minutes at a time due to the interruptions from children and such.
17. There are 4 computers in our house.
18. My mother and I have the same middle name.
19. My oldest friend and I have been friends since we were 11. She moved across the street from me right before 6th grade and we've been close ever since, despite the Air Force. Love you Shanda!
20. One of my good friends is a very successful Broadway star. You go Merle
21. I failed my drivers' test the first time I took it but have never had a wreck or a ticket to this day:)
22. I love being a stay at home mom and hope Eric never insists on me earning a real paycheck.
23. I am hooked on recycling. I rinse off our paper plates to put in the bin.
24. I want to be an early riser, but can't seem to actually rise early.
25. I've had 3 C-sections...seriously, can a tummy tuck fix that?

I hope everyone has a great week.

Blessings
D

1 comment:

Shanda Boatright said...

I like that song. I feel like I have heard it before, just not sure when, where or how.

Brynn's trying to give up her nap too. I am really pushing to keep it going becuase she still needs it.

Have a good week!