Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time to Vent: Rants and Pet Peeves

I've had this blog in mind for a while so I decided that today is the day I'll post it.
I'm going to tell a couple of my pet peeves and then you can leave a comment agreeing with those (or agreeing with a previous commenter) or you can list a couple of the things that irritate you the most. One rule: please don't use the word 'hate' I don't want it to become a hate-filled post but rather a post that lets us air our grievances to whomever might read.

Most of mine have to do with driving:
1: I don't like it when people drive under the speed limit. If it's 45, let's drive 45...at least
2: When I see the light turn green up ahead of me, it irritates me when I still have to stop at the light because the car that was first in line wasn't paying attention.
3: At walmart, it bothers me when the person in from of me carries out their entire transaction on the left side of the cash register instead of going on down to the card scanner thingy where there is a little shelf for wallets, etc. If they would move down I could get my stuff unloaded faster!!!

We'll see what other things 'stick in our craw' . I'll keep this post up for a few days and then post a new one so that we (I) aren't tempted to dwell on these small aggravations but I thought venting them wouldn't hurt.

Take care and have a great week

D

8 comments:

Deanna said...

I hate it when people straddle the lanes to turn even especially when there is a turn lane.

I hate, hate, hate it when people drive with their children unbuckled in the car.

Dixie said...

DEANNA!!!!
Did you not read the one rule about not using the word 'hate'? You blew that out of the water, my friend:)

I know what you mean though. I also don't understand why folks sometimes swing out left to turn right. Grr.

Eric Livingston said...

Here are the things that bug me:

1. People who are intolerant of people who are different than themselves.

2. Pretension.

3. When I'm expecting a new episode of The Office and they play a rerun.

4. People who don't know how to use the internet or technology (I'm intolerant of such people).

5. Rants on blogs.

Dixie said...

Very funny Honey

Linda said...

I SO agree with you about the speed limits.

I dislike it SO much when people here in SC use the center turning lane as an acceleration lane while waiting to merge. It's a bi-use TURNING lane. I almost got into a head on collision the other day because someone turned into my path and started to accelerate, while I was trying to turn into the CHURCH PARKING LOT to go get my son from preschool.

I can not stand when people cut you off (either from an on-ramp or a side street) only to get off the very next exit or turn at the very next street...

I have many more rants/raves/peeves, but I'll keep them to myself for today.

Carol Beasley said...

It bugs me when people give up before they even try.

Negative attitudes bug me.

It makes me want to scream when I see dogs tied out in a yard. Don't those owners realize what they're doing to their dogs!!!!?

I want to shake people when they discard their dog because they become inconvenient.

It irritates me when people won't try something new because they've "always done it this way."

It bothers me when people don't value my opinion because I haven't lived here long enough to prove my worth.

Anonymous said...

Love this post! Let's see...

My latest pet peeve is passive aggressive behavior. There seems to be a sudden rash of it here.

Another is miserable people that aren't a bit happier until they've attempted to make you miserable along with them. (I've taken to avoiding prolonged conversation with such folk.)

Hmmm...that's it for now!

Love,
Heatharlyne

Kippa said...

1. I completely agree with you about driving the speed limit.

2. I completely agree with Eric about reruns of The Office.

3. It bugs me when people use the drive-thru at Sonic to order a hamburger or any other kind of food. The drive through is supposed to be fast, so I think it should just be for drinks. I don't think anyone else knows that rule though. So I have given up on the Sonic drive-thru altogether.

4. I can't stand it when people step on my heels, or worse yet, run over them with the shopping cart. Makes me want to turn around and kick 'em (but I never have).

I have more, but that's all I can think of for now! :) This was fun, Dixie!