Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Swearing off Facebook...at least for a little while

Update: I am spending much too much time on facebook so for a while, I'm not going to be lurking around over there. I have posted my blog address over there so I suppose if anyone is really wondering what's going on, they can check my blog. I don't know if anyone else suffers from too much fb but it can be a time sucker.

Thankfully the rain has quit but the cold has definitely come in. I'm fine with it. As long as it isn't raining, I'm good.

2 of my 3 kids are sick with colds which is not fun at all. Especially since Eric's in Nashville. Luckily, they haven't run fever yet so they just cough and sneeze and talk funny but still have enough energy to play and cause mischief.

My Grandmother left last Friday and is taking a very scenic route home to Beeville, TX. From here she went to Quana, TX which is almost to OK. She was visiting some adopted family there. From Quana she was going to Amarillo to see my cousin, Chandra. From there it was Lubbock to see my cousin Brad and his new wife Taryn. Then to Abiline to see my cousin Dan and his fiance' Krista. Then to Georgetown to see my cousin Melanie and her hubby and sweet sons. Then on to Austin to see my uncle and aunt. Then to San Antonio to see my other uncle and aunt and finally to Beeville! She is one independent lady and I am so grateful for that! She should be home sometime before next Christmas, hopefully.

I hope everyone is enjoying the return of American Idol. I don't watch it so I wouldn't know. Just about everyone I do know is pretty excited about it though. I'm just waiting for a new Office episode.

As you can tell, I'm pretty much rambling. Sorry about that. I hope you each have a great week. I'll be more interesting later.

D

3 comments:

Claire & Eden said...

OH yes - I've actually felt very consumed by my computer lately. I'm so compulsive about my blog but then I try to do email, myspace, new to facebook and other junk.... you may have encouraged me to take a hiatus too.

btw, I'm not an american idol watcher either... it's too mean for my taste. Singing is too personal to slam people on public television. I teach middle schoolers so I should know

Dixie said...

I know what you mean about American Idol meanness. On the one hand, the really bad folks should know that they are not good. On the other, laughing in someone's face (or rolling your eyes or hiding under the table) while they're singing is mean. I imagine your middle schoolers could give a lot of the initial applicants a run for their money!

TexasNeals said...

you are so funny!!! i laughed at that post! ;)
several of my "blog buddies" have disappeared b/c of face book. i've decided that i spend too much time on the computer W/O the added temptation that fb would present!!! :)