Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What a Thrill

OK
So I had not planned to post again until tomorrow but am so THRILLED by my whopping 6 comments that I thought I'd put another little something up in blogland.
It's no doubt due to something from my child hood but I love visiting with/catching up with/keeping up with friends. Since my dad was in the Air Force and I moved every 3 years, I had friends spread out all over the place. Before the days of unlimited long distance, there were months that I got NO allowance because it had all been spent on phone calls to far away friends. 2 very close friends of mine (still) were awesome letter writers back then and I knew that on Mondays I would get a letter from Dana. And I knew that Shanda would write as soon as she got one from me. Now, as grown-ups with kids writing is out of the question, phone talking is difficult due to the yelling and interruptions, but blogging...WOW! I write a few sentences and presto! 6 people have indicated how wonderful it is for me to be communicating in this fashion. What a super boost to my ego, folks! Thanks!

Now one of the things I look forward to as Christmas gets closer (did you realize Christmas is, in fact, getting closer? I know it's July, but still, it's never to early...) is the fat LTD commodities catalog. It came while we were at the beach and so I got to look at it (it takes me a couple of days to go all through it) and came across this gem:
http://www.ltdcommodities.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg.asp?G=600&P=203&Rec=1&Ntt=fart+underwear&N=37&Nao=0&R=443264-7UNWXLG1

(Since this is my 2nd post and I've never inserted a link, there does exist a possibility that it won't work. I'm sure I'll hear about it if it doesn't and will fix it so it does)

Now, what I want to know from y'all (yes, I say y'all. I'm from TX and live in MS. I am definitely allowed to say it) is whether or not you have in your family someone for whom you would actually buy the above gift. I don't want to know the names of those family members (especially if it's someone I know and see quite often!) but I just would like to know if this is a product that is going to be sold.

There, the end of the 2nd post. This isn't so hard.

Enjoy the day!

3 comments:

Brian said...

Bwahahahahaha!!!! That is too funny!

I think the better question in my family would be who WOULDN'T it be appropriate for.

Too, too funny.

And guess what, Friday is August, so Christmas is even closer than you think.

Adios for now!

Claire & Eden said...

Uh, yeah! I have a number of people who would not only get a kick out of it but would benefit. I actually might order some but I wonder if they really work?

Linda said...

Oh my...you reminded me of LTD (And you should look at ABC Distributing, too...a lot of the same stuff, but also some different things - like if they have sports teams, one will have different teams than the other).

I can NOT get into those this year, though....maybe next year when we are settled in SC....