Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hello????????

This is my second go at my brand new, very own blog. I set it up yesterday but it was under Eric's account so it was a cute pink blog with my name on it but with Eric's picture in the sidebar. So, here I go again.
Just about every person I know has a blog or a myspace page or a facebook page. I haven't seen the need to spend more time on the computer than I do already and so I have avoided creating one for myself, limiting myself to looking at Eric's on a regular basis. But, I decided that I think I can blog and still take care of my kids and house. I'll make no bold promises about how frequently I will post stuff, but you can be sure if I disappear for several days at a time, it's because I'm doing some domestic thing that has been neglected.
Blogging is funny to me. I'm not sure what the motivation is for most folks; do we post thoughts/ideas just to get them off our chest--like a diary? Or do we post and WANT people to read them. If it's the latter, why do I think what I will write will be of any interest to any who will read? Am I that certain of my day-to-day thoughts that people will flock to my blog wondering, "Wow. I can't wait to see what she's doing today! Her life is so fascinating!" As a stay-at-home mother of 3 kids (2 sons-ages 7 and 4 and 1 daughter-age 2) wife of 13 years to Eric who's a worship minister at our church, I fail to see how my day to day activities are all that exciting. But, from time to time I do have the odd thing to say about various things so I hope that you'll visit often, and leave comments.
As I suspected, one of my kids needs me so I am now done with my very first post. Thanks for reading. See ya tomorrow

7 comments:

Eric Livingston said...

You're by far the sexiest blogger I have seen on the whole internet.

Dawn said...

haha. I think he's a little biased, but entitled to his opinion. :-)

How fun for you though! I think this is a great way to stay current and connected.

I think I would be a bad blogger since I can't even seem to read blogs but once a month (or less). But I will try to keep up. Or you can call me and remind me if there's something really good on yours. Have fun with it!

Claire & Eden said...

Well I must say I love the blog world! I really like to keep it for myself so I can remember things that are happening in our life and look back on them in years to come. I've never been good at handwriting a journal!

Even though you may not think your life in interesting, it helps other moms out there to know what is going on! Plus we all love to see pictures so looking forward to keeping more in touch this way!

Brian said...

you go girl!!! Look forward to your posts!

Brian

Joyce said...

That's great! I love the name of your blog site - how perfect. Checking in on Eric's blog is a highlight of my day (if he's posted something new) and now I will be checking yours, too. I especially love finding pictures :), and it's just really neat to read the thoughts you share. Any extra ways to stay in touch are wonderful in my book. Love you, Dixie, Joyce

TexasNeals said...

oh, yeah! so glad you're blogging! can't wait to see all the cute pictures of the kids and read all your wonderful insights!!! ;) HA! Hope it will be as fun for you as it has been for me.

Linda said...

Blogging is twofold for me. Because I am a scrapbooker, this is a place for me to look for the "journalling" aspect of scrapbooking. Many times, I'll post pictures and a story...then forget the story, so it helps me that way!

But it's also a way for friends and family to connect. Unfortunately for me, my husband requires me to "sanitize" my blog, in order for his mom to read it. I use the blog as my sounding board, and it's not where I would like it, but since his mom's reading, I can't truly be myself, warts and all.