Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Ethan

Today was Ethan's 5th Birthday. The 5th Birthday is a big deal to me because that is school-age. He'll be starting Kindergarten this fall and that just hardly seems possible. I'm so proud of my little guy. He's such a tender heart and is very considerate for one so young. Ethan is just a joy to be around.

We had a great time at his party. In addition to the had red (for Mario) and green (for Luigi) hats I had gotten for Ethan's guests to wear, I also had made mustaches for them. They were all cute with them on and we managed to get a picture before they decided to take them off.


After that they went out to hunt Yoshi eggs that were filled with gold coins (the chocolate kind) Here's some of the loot.


After that the kids went and played while the pizza cooked in the oven. When it was ready, they ate outside on the patio.



After pizza it was finally time to cut that Mario cake. It was good and the Birthday boy was very pleased.


And then it was present time.




We have a sweet 5 year old and he had a great time today. I feel so blessed to be Ethan's mommy. I pray that he will always feel the hand of God on him, guiding him in His way.




What an angel.

3 comments:

Shanda Boatright said...

I am glad Ethan had a wonderful party. I can not believe he is 5! It really does happen fast.

Linda said...

It's hardly possible that Ethan is 5...but then again, so is Scotty, and they were only a few months apart! I do remember him being born, too...and if my memory serves right, weren't our boys dedicated together? Or am I missing a brain cell?

TexasNeals said...

happy birthday ethan!!!!
he really seems like a little ray of sunshine! :)
the cake was awesome...you always make the best cakes. looks like the party was a lot of fun!