Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Hits (literally) Just Keep On Coming

I've got a new ride now. A 2004 Nissan Quest. Eric flew to Orlando and drove it home last Friday. It was a grueling day for him but he got home in the wee hours of Sat. morning. I really like the new van. The kids REALLY like it; it has a DVD player. Everyone is happy.

Eric is also selling his car and so it is on Craig's list and he's had a few bites already. But (and here' s where the 'hits' part of the title comes in) this morning, I was taking Isaac to school and--somehow--swerved too close to the curb and took out a neighbor's mailbox and busted the windshield. This is my first ever 'accident'. Eric says this is the kind to have, one not involving any people, and involving his old car and not the one we've only had for a few days. But still, I feel terrible about it. A new windshield will be put in tomorrow and he will re-install the folk's mailbox sometime this week (it appears largely undamaged, it just needs to be set back in with concrete). So anyway, this has not been a good day for me because of all that.

Yesterday Ethan caught his first frog. He held it in his hand for the longest time. I guess the frog was too scared to try to get away because he just sat there. Ethan was very pleased with himself. I'll add pictures later.

Isaac got to participate in a chess tournament last week and had a lot of fun. He won some matches and he some but he got out of school for this so it was a great day for him.

I thought I'd share this. At our church, when they pass the juice during the Communion, you take the cup and then return it to a little spot on the pew, you don't put it back in the tray. Anyway, Jaylie always takes my little cup after I've put it away and licks every drop out. I know she doesn't have any deep meaning associated with this but I just had the thought of her getting every drop of Communion with the Lord. I wish I was always like that and not preoccupied with other demands on my time. Why am I always in a hurry?

I hope the week is great for each of you. I am so glad March is going away and that April is right here. We've had about 9 1/2 inches of rain this month. I'm pretty tired of it. My flowers are going to be beautiful. I'll take pictures and post them next time.

Adios
Dixie

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Sorry about your car, but I'm glad no one was hurt.

I love the image of your daughter and the communion cup. I think that will be something that sticks with me for quite awhile. :)

Linda said...

What a great analogy of Jaylie's actions...I often "licked" the little plastic cups at communion time...and I'm an adult! Perhaps it really is God's way of saying, "get everything you can out of Me...out of this cup."

Christy said...

What a great thing with Jaylie. Get every last drop we can. and yet thirst for more. :)