Thursday, March 3, 2011

Half a Decade

This past weekend was rather momentous for the Livingston family. (Mostly for me because I'm the one who keeps track of things like this) It was the 5 year anniversary of our arrival in MS, this house, Meadowbrook and full time ministry. As many--or most of you--probably know, I moved around all the time as a kid and even the first 10 years of our marriage was pretty transient. This address is by far the longest one I have ever had...EVER in my life (and I'm getting pretty old) Jaylie just turned 5 and a half, Ethan will be 7 in May and Isaac turned 10 in December. Subtract 5 from their ages and you'll see that this house is pretty much the only one my littlest ones know of. This house was Isaac's 5th one when we moved here; he was 5 then. Meadowbrook is the only church they have really known. Jaylie learned how to walk in this living room. Isaac learned how to tie his shoes in this kitchen. Ethan learned how to play Mario Kart in this house. I've become a runner in this neighborhood. Eric has become a vessel used by God to serve others in this community...

Thank you so much to those of you who have loved us and our kids so much. Thank you for allowing us to be here to serve with you. We couldn't ask for more.

And Mom and Dad, your own 5 year anniversary is coming up in May. Thank you for coming with us, for loving us more than TX. Isaac and Ethan and Jaylie have no idea what life is like without you. That is a gift that is immeasurable. And thanks is really not enough. I do love you so much.

So this is what roots feel like :)

Blessings to you

D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! I am happy for you - and your family - that you have roots. :) Sometimes I feel that itchy I'm-ready-for-something-new feeling, but we have worshiped with our church for a decade now. It is neat to see some of my friends' kids grow up in real life rather than in Christmas cards!

Carol Beasley said...

Thanks, Dixie. Brought me to tears. That's saying a lot, that we love y'all more than Texas! Maybe the Grands will one day understand it. I know you and Eric do.

Yesterday Jaylie asked me to sit beside her in the glider. We "glid" awhile, then she put her right thumb in her mouth and put her left hand through my right arm....and we just sat and enjoyed being together. No comparison to Texas.

Shanda Boatright said...

I just read your post and I know what you mean. I know I have four more years on you, but I feel like my whole "adult life" has happened in our current home. Having it on the market makes me a little sad, so many things have happened in this house. It now makes me understand how people become attached to their homes, something you don't understand living a military lifestyle.