Thursday, November 20, 2008

Finally

I can see that it is definitely time for an updated post. Sorry about the long absence. I'm sure the dozens of readers I have have been disappointed all this time seeing the same old post up there.

The truth is, I have had little to inform you of. I am beginning to feel that drowning feeling one starts to notice when the calendar gets fuller and fuller and you realize there are more and more gifts to get and the Christmas fund is getting smaller and smaller...On the other hand, I did fill up the van for $28 today. $1.66/gal!!! How 'bout that?

Next week the boys are out of school all week for Thanksgiving and I am so ready for that. I'm not a mom who gets a little tired of having kids home during holidays, mainly because Isaac almost never complains of being bored. Because he's kind of a home body anyway, being in doing game-y sorts of things doesn't get old. And they (all 3 of them) have gotten pretty good about getting up and doing their own thing and letting me sleep in the morning. Of course, this will be the first time we've had Gretchen during one of these holidays and she, unfortunately, seems to be a morning dog. We'll see how we fare. For those of you who have wondered, Eric is tolerating Gretchen very gracefully, and for that I am thankful. She has sort of broken out of her super-calm shell that she had when she first came home with us and that has taken us by surprise. She is very playful and uses her bark more often than we would like. She still does not bark at Eric when he comes home which is wonderful. She is trainable and we are working on things like jumping and stuff like that. I know that having a nice-mannered dog is essential so I am being persistent in the training. The kids enjoy her a lot and she is learning how to play with them in an acceptable manner.

I think that I'll stop now. I know this wasn't terribly informative, but I felt the need to touch base here. I hope you are all well.

Enjoy the season
D

2 comments:

Linda said...

Gosh, I though WE had it good at $1.79!

I heard that in Kansas City, it was $1.40....too bad that's 2 hours from here, or I might be tempted to go get gas there.

I do like the idea of filling the tank from BONE DRY for less than $30....this summer it cost me $65 to fill up my van - OUCH!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I cannot believe that gas has dropped that much, although we're down to 1,11 euros/liter for diesel here; we were excited to fill our car for 40 euros!

To answer your questions about strikes here...it's more of informing everyone of their displeasure than expecting much to change, as far as the teachers go. However, the last time that the train people went on a serious strike, they did it for three weeks and got their way because France is so dependent on public transportation. However, I cannot see the teachers here doing that because that would seriously mess up the truly innocent in all this, the children.

We think that the French get much pleasure from organizing something.

It's interesting!

Love,
Heatharlyne