Thursday, October 2, 2008

You're gonna miss this

I usually listen to KLOVE on the radio, when I'm not listening to Veggie Tales or other kid things. But last night I caught the last verse or two of this song. It choked me up. I watched the video on youtube so that I could see/hear the whole thing. It is so like me; looking forward to this or that stage in life and forgetting that where I am right now is precious and that I really will miss it. Those of you who regularly listen to country music probably have heard this already. But I thought I'd post it anyway.
Hope you are all having a great week. I'll write more soon.
D

6 comments:

Claire & Eden said...

you gotta love a good country song - they have some of the ebst stories. Thanks for sharing the song because I needed to be reminded of that this week. I just told Neil I wish we could fast forward three months from now but I would miss so much!

Jennifer Childs said...

Dixie, every time (and I mean every time) I hear this song I cry. The last verse sounds so much like my Dad. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

This is one of my favorite songs...it truly says a LOT!

Anonymous said...

dixie
you seem like you do appreciate where you at the present. i know you love your family and where you are, were, and will be!
tracy

Dixie said...

Tracy,
You're so sweet. I think you see my better self. Everytime I catch myself complaining about this or that regarding my kids, I want to remember this. I really, honestly don't think they are burdensome, but sometimes I feel like my complaints may communicate that to others...and maybe even to them. I sincerely hope they never get that vibe from me. They are a blessing and I need to choose to acknowldege them as such, every minute of every day. Your words made me feel good. Thanks

Anonymous said...

We are out of it over here! What a great song! I made a promise when my kids were babies that I would never wish time away. Occasionally, I have to remind myself of that promise, but mostly it's easy to keep! As they grow older, I realize how much I already miss some things that will never come around again. Great song!

Love,
Heatharlyne