Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wedding dress

It is nice to know that even though my kids aren't infants anymore and changing everyday, they still do new things. In the past month or so Jaylie has become a panties-wearing girl instead of a pull-up wearing one, Isaac actually pulled a top tooth by himself instead of having to go to the dentist, and just today, Ethan learned how to swing by himself, he was very proud.

Jaylie was helping me put away the dishes out of the dishwasher this evening and noticed, in the knife slot, the pearly handled ones that we used to cut our wedding cake. She of course thought they were pretty and wanted to get them out to play with. I told her,'No, they're sharp. Those are the knives we used to cut our wedding cake.' I had shown her a picture of it just the other day. She asked me if I wore a pretty white dress at my wedding and I said yes and offered to get it out to show her. I realized this week that she's never looked at our wedding album. It is, after all, an actual album that you have to get out instead of click through on the computer like 95% of the other pictures she's ever seen. So she, of course, wanted to see it. Eric was walking in the house from work right about the time I was pulling it out of the closet. I don't know when the last time I saw it was but it is so beautiful. Jaylie was in a daze over it. To her, it must seem like the ultimate dress-up dress. I can't imagine that she'd ever want to wear it, I know it's already out of style (even though I don't know why---it's so pretty!) but it was neat to see her take in the whole thing. She wanted me to put it on...and I did, even though I knew it wouldn't zip in the back, but I felt pretty nonetheless. Which leads me to my question: Who out there can still fit into their wedding dress? And if you can, I want to know how long you've been married and how many kids you've had!

Blessings
D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...I'm in really good shape right now from all the running, but my wedding dress is somewhere in storage in Wisconsin. I like to think I could fit into it, but I think that having kids moves stuff around. But you've piqued my curiosity!

Dixie said...

I like the 'moving stuff theory' rather than the 'adding stuff on' one I've been operating with. Thanks for the glass half-full perspective!

Claire & Eden said...

OH my dress wouldn't fit my big toe! I'm working on it though - just started weight watchers again two weeks ago and I've lost 4 pounds! Maybe I'll fit in it one day

Shanda Boatright said...

I know I can't and won't even try. I have pretty much written off a size 4. :o)

carrie said...

not a chance. but i'm going to blame the 8-week-old in the other room. give me a few months and we'll see...

Linda said...

I can't right now, but I aim to fit back into it by summer. I was 135 lbs back then...20 lbs off and I will fit it again. I kept mine because it was simple and elegant and I could remove the train and it would be a pretty evening dress (it's just a straight sheath dress). Of course, it will still require the "wundergarments" to make the flat appearance...

I'll let you know in a few months!

The Washington Family said...

funny thing about getting back into my dress. i barely got into it on my wedding day. didn't know that brooke-lynn was already in there. i would need to get rid of my stomach and i too am working hard to rid myself of the misplaced shape.